News & Updates
Vernita is interviewed on KCMO Talk RadioPosted March 5, 2012
Vernita was interviewed recently by the hosts of Insurance Talk with Scott & Mike on KCMO Talk Radio 710. Click the play button below to listen to this segment of the interview.
DIFP NewsPosted January 18, 2011
The latest news and information from the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions & Professional Registration
John M. Huff, DIFP Director
- Lower premiums announced for high-risk health insurance pool
- Insurance director addresses agents; discusses high-risk pool, health care reform
- Insurance industry leaders named to Missouri high-risk pool board
- New pre-existing condition health insurance plan now accepting applications
- Gov. Nixon signs bill to provide insurance coverage for autism therapies for Missouri children
- Parents can soon keep children up to age 26 on their health insurance
- Scam artists using federal health care law to sell bogus insurance
- Stimulus money reduces cost of COBRA for Missourians who lose jobs
- Grant money used to reach more than 80,000 Missouri seniors on Medicare in the past year
Apply for MHIP Coverage
Applications accepted until 11-15-13.
It's easy to apply for MHIP coverage. We've put together a simple checklist to help you get all your information in order.
Go to the Apply Now Checklist Page for information and helpful links.
Need help with your application?
Call us at 800-821-2231.
Appeals and Grievances
Appeals and Grievances should be filed in accordance with State Pool Certificate of Coverage (page 45).